Monday, January 15, 2007

Those life/death moments

So I answered my cell phone on my way out of work this evening. Big mistake! OK, small. But it could have been huge! I've seen the bumper stickers "Shut Up and Drive" but what about "Shut Up and Walk?!" While arranging the dates for my friends to come visit, my heel got stuck in a small groove on the stairs. I tried to hold onto my phone and grab the rail for life at the same time--which doesn't usually work. You know those brief seconds when your life seems it might end at that moment? It was one of those. I thought I was going to tumble down the stairs at Lake Hart and die. Instead I caught myself, which doesn't usually happen. My bag containing important things like my computer and a loaf of bread bounced down the stairs and made a loud bang. My friend on the other end of the phone? He kept talking. He had no clue.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Was it Gabe?

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, stairs are kinda dangerous in heels. Anytime i wear them out of my apartment I have to take them off till i get to the bottom...I stumbled across your blog today from facebook and found myself reading all of your entries which mostly made me laugh (except for the sad one at the bottom, which made me cry). I enjoyed it and will have to check back for more later :)

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home